- fazerestrelinhas likes this
- centralscience likes this
- meteorshowersbringmarsflowers reblogged this from stuffcanadianpeoplelike and added:
- stuffcanadianpeoplelike reblogged this from 19thcenturybna and added:
- 19thcenturybna posted this
Did you know…
Alexander Mackenzie, likely one of the most oft-forgotten Prime Ministers, left as a legacy something that would come to be an integral part of maintaining Canada’s democracy. The secret ballot was introduced under Mackenzie in 1874, and first used in the federal election of that year. Prior to the secret ballot system, voters would literally shout out their preferred candidate at voting stations, a system prone troubles with brawls and bribery.